Monday 13 May 2013

A LITTLE BACKGROUND ABOUT ME. PART ONE: ACTION FIGURE PRE-HISTORY.



I WAS BORN on the seventies in Spain, and have been collecting since i was a child. I have always been fascinated by iconic and u-topic subjects (anything with wings-you'll see- for example, gets me, i adore miniatures, and I've been creating in any shape or form since i could hold a pencil.

   My first toys were pretty standard, i had a jeep, a car, a train, lego set (or Tente in Spain) etc, and i loved them all...except when my the youngest of my sisters got a black disco doll.
     And that was it. I loved her way more than my sister did. I loved the fact that represented a human being (more or less accurate) and i love that it was a female, and...that i wasn't allowed to play with her for being born a male. That added a 100% more mystique to the whole thing.
     That doll was called Nancy (at that time way more popular-and flat chested than Barbie-and i loved her. If i ever find the same one i will get it). Anyway my salvation was my cousin which had several of this dolls and i played with them at my aunt's house, which was less judgemental than my family.

    Around that time my aunt -again- got me three toys which i treasure to this day. They were:
     A MONCCHICHI: a monkey that suck its thumb. In Spain were called Virkikis.
     A SMURF: or to be more precised, a mermaid smurfette which i still own. I was 5 or there abouts.
    A AIRGAMBOY: The french/spanish equivalent of Playmobil, but with independently moving legs. And they have females too. Way more sophisticated than the female plamobils, plus if you bend them, they had knickers. Fabulous.


male and female moncchichis.

my smurfette had a silver tail.


my clown airgamboy.



this isn't exactly the one my sis had but very close.

No comments:

Post a Comment