Tuesday 14 May 2013

THE MUNSTERS AND ALIEN AND ALIENS AND ALIEN: RESURRECTION. CONTROVERSY!



The Munsters: Grandpa, Marilyn, Herman, Lily, Eddie and Woolf.


FACTS ARE FACTS. I watched many cartoons growing up, and i watched them all. Television was essential to my generation as it stop me (and children like me) from bothering mom from the real tasks of the day. Plus i had the coolest program on Saturday mornings. It all started with a bit of Mythology (but funny) for kids, followed up by a TV series from times past. One was THE LITTLE RASCALS/OUR GANG. The other was or course thE MUNSTERS. They show me that being different was Just about OK, plus they were funny with it. I just started a lifelong love for this family. When a year ago this set was released, it was in colour. Not for me. The series were in Black & ( glorious) White. It was part of the appeal. It look retro to hell, and i loved that. 
         So i waited for this wonderful black & white set. With the cheeky cuckoo clock! How awesome. A month later the car happened. And i had an orgasm-like reaccion. A positive reaction. Two problems: Car's not in scale. What ever... and second, much bigger problem: Lily Munster looks nothing like Yvonne DeCarlo (fuck!), (the other characters, including Marilyn do so). But hey, i am happy all the same. Figure collectioning is full of bitter dissapointment as is based in another media and nostalgia. What to do...
Mess of Alien/s.
I HAVE TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE: 
Many actors choose not to be inmortalised on plastic form for one reason or another. May it be supersticious or religious. The most famous case is off Sigourney Weaver (allegedlly!). As aparrently the actress wont like little children playing with a "doll" of herself with weapons as it inspires violence. I can take  many stances upon this:
 First is that it may not even true Sigourney did not lisence her likenesses for a toy with a bi flamethrower. Nor she gives a damn (this is my believe as malicious rumours do fly).
 Second is that she does have an Avatar acurate toy (but alas has a big machete, but not a gun).
  Third and final: who the fuck wants a Sigourney Weaver or other actress action figure besides movie memorabila collectors and, yes let me say, adult collector. My kids i'm surrounded by want Batman and Spider-Man not some lady who can act and who's not traditionally hot.

WHAT BUGS ME IS THIS:

     IF YOU ARE LUCKY TO GET IN THE BUSINESS OF JUST ACTING....BE GRACIOUS. YOU GET MILLIONS FOR 6 MONTHS WORK. AND IF YOU DON'T WANT YOUR TOY TO HAVE A BIG HONKING GUN, DON'T DO THE MOVIE, AS MEMORABILIA HAS BEEN PART OF OUR LIVES FOR EVER!!!!

  But Whatever. Perhaps (and i will watch Sigourney take a piss and i will pay: or any other actors for that matter). AND ladies and gent, that's why my ALIEN display sucks. My two Liutenant Ripley's look nothing like the actor. So i hate my display. Funny enough my Aliens look like the movie, shit even my Annalee Call (Wynona Ryder) looks like her. But alas no Ripley. So i had an Aliens RIPLEY made for me, which you will see. (but still no weapons ma'am).

  Another problem is that the actor is so much up their own arse (allegedly!) that they do not approve of their own likenesses (O-Ren Ishii!!!), or so fandom let us to believe (also still allegedly!!-thank you Kathy G).

       Nevermind. in the pic is the Power Loader Die-cast- with Ripley?!- an old Alien Queen from Kenner (which i like), a Ripley and Call from Alien Resurrection (in the most weird pose ever) and of course THE ALIEN QUEEN from McFarlane toys plus lady victim which is totally off the scale of how awesome it is.

  POST DATA: My Power loader came with half of BISHOP, which does not look like him, but is a great detail anyway.

  POST DATA TWO: Sigourney i love you>tell me is all rubbish, and a proper Ripley is coming. We need you! Promise not to voodoo!




1 comment:

  1. I love the Munsters set! I need to get the Uncle creature figure myself.

    ReplyDelete