Monday 13 May 2013

A LITTLE BACKGROUND, PART DEUX: THE BEGINNING OF A PASSION.




Original Star Wars figures.( I had 32 of this).

IN 1978, KENNER started to released Star Wars figures, and this to me and my best friend (still is) was heaven send. The amount of battles we created were epic. I venture for first time on my own (i have always been good with directions) to acquire my Princess Leia in Bespin outfit, and the rest, as they say is history. I got as many as i could, from then on.

      Then around 1984, three toy collections were launched to my delight. They were:
       Marvel super-heroes SECRET WARS, alas, no girls.
       DC Comics SUPER POWERS, giving me my first ever super-heroine figure, of course it was WONDER WOMAN.
      And MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE, of which of course my first one was Teela.
       To this day i always buy the female figures first. Not only because i like them, but they are also short-packed as children buy boys and gay children buy girls, and the ratio straight-gay is one to 10 (in that time probably more due to acceptance).

   So there you have it, this are the actual figures i played with in my childhood. Of course as i got older i stop playing and stop collecting, even reading comics, as nightclubs had a better appeal, until...
Princess Leia Organa in Bespin outfit (mine is chewed by the dog).




No comments:

Post a Comment