Monday 13 May 2013

A LITTLE BACKGROUND, PART THREE AND FINAL: FROM HOBBY TO SERIOUS COLLECTOR.




    SO ROLL ON several years after, in which i moved to not so sunny London, and strolled into a comic-book store, decided to get some comics to fill my very poor evenings, and i see the shop stores some Fantastic Four and X-men figures. I got one, and another, and another...you see, I discovered there was a whole generation like me that started collecting action figures, and now there were magazines that talk about it, and had price lists, and funny strips with figures, and i got hooked.


   Today there are programs on TV about, figures go on sale on ebay for hundreds of dollars, and i found myself with about 2000 figures to this day, of different values and there's no sign of stoping. I get alarm for how much some of my toys get sold for on acuctions sites. I used to call my toys "my cheap art collection", but I am afraid cheap are no more.

      This days they are under lock and key, in stylish glass cabinets, and i even possess an action figure "hospital and spa" where they get mended and bath regularly.

    My criteria when collecting is simple:
     1- THEY LOOK AWESOME.
     2-NOSTALGIA
 3-THEY ARE FAITHFUL TO THE ORIGINAL      CHARACTER/PERSON.

         AND THAT'S IT. THIS IS ONLY INTENDED TO BE A VIRTUAL (VISUAL?) GALLERY OF MY ENTIRE COLLECTION TO WHICH OF COURSE I WILL KEEP ADDING AS I GO ALONG. ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment